Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] per: Adding generalised calendar. Calend

To: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] per: Adding generalised calendar. Calendars can now ... (PR#1964)
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 20:12:20 +0100

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 08:59:29PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:
> It looks silly for me. What about the following calendar instead
> (not tested):
>
> [calendar_ancient_age]
> name                   = _("Ancient Age")
> first_year             = -1000
> turn_years             = 25
> req_tech               = "None"
> early_tech             = "None"
> ; 1000BC - 1AD = 40 turns, 100 cumulative
>
> [calendar_new_era]
> name                   = _("Turn of the Era")
> first_year             = 1
> turn_years             = 19
> req_tech               = "None"
> early_tech             = "None"
> ; 1AD - 20AD = 1 turn, 101 cumulative

        Yeah, that should work. You may be able to guess that I was one
of those people that spent all of the year 2000 yelling at people that
it wasn't the new millennium yet. ;)

> > > When I continue an old game, it shows rubbish.
> > What kind of rubbish?
> (0 yr/turn)

        Well, that's a bug, in that case. If you can provide a savegame,
I'll take a look at it.

> Also, maybe you can use plural i18n to allow proper localization?

        That shouldn't be too tricky to do (it'd be a waste of time if
it's not displayed anywhere, though!)

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/