Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] per: Adding generalised calendar. Calend

To: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] per: Adding generalised calendar. Calendars can now ... (PR#1964)
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:47:43 +0100

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 04:07:54AM -0700, Christian Knoke wrote:
> When I start a new default game, it shows the year 4001 for the first
> round, and 3951 for the second.

        That's right, because now calendars work according to the real
world, rather than the bizarre world that Freeciv used to inhabit. There
is no year skipped at the AD-BC transition, so we need to add an extra
year somewhere. You can add it to the AD calendars if you prefer, by
editing the ruleset, but I thought it cleaner this way (and nobody
complained at the time).

> When I continue an old game, it shows rubbish.

What kind of rubbish?

> Also, I feel the calendar info belongs into the popup, rather than
> into the already crowded side display.

Well, that's easy to change, if this is the majority opinion.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"There is but one step from the grotesque to the horrible."