Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: movement

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: movement
From: Brandon Craig Rhodes <brandon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Aug 2002 12:02:44 -0400

Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> wrong. moving from planes to a field with road costs 1 MP. So 2/3 MP
> and 1 is needed.

Sorry, you are correct; I was confusing the rules for terrain (the
cost is determined solely by the destination) for the rules involving
the lower cost of moving down roads and rivers (*both* the source and
destination squares must have the feature).

So, I had better try answering your earlier scenario again:

> rrprrrrrr
> 123456789
>
> End of round 1
> Staying on 3 with 2/3 movepoints
> Begin of round 2
> Staying on 4 with 1 2/3 movepoints so getting to 9?

  Moving from 1 -> 2 reduces his MP from 2 to 1 2/3.
  Moving from 2 -> 3 reduces his MP from 1 2/3 to 2/3.
  Moving from 3 -> 4 schedules a Goto.
  -- End Turn --
  The Goto moves him 3 -> 4, reducing his MP 2 2/3 to 1 2/3.
  He can now move across five more road tiles, making it to 9.

So, yes, he will make it to nine, because he will not be forced to
throw away the 2/3rd movement points.

--
Brandon Craig Rhodes   brandon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   http://rhodesmill.org/brandon