[Freeciv-Dev] Re: 100% Civ II Compliance - still a development goal?

To: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: 100% Civ II Compliance - still a development goal?
From: Miguel Farah <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 07:36:30 -0400

 Mark Metson [15/05/2002 00:58] dijo/said:

>On Sun, 12 May 2002, Greg Wooledge wrote:
>
>> - Fundamentalist government effects (immune to unhappiness, buildings
>>   which normally give unhappiness give gold instead, Spy/Diplomat black
>>   ops don't give a "reputation" penalty, 10 units supported per city
>>   without upkeep, Fundamentalist unit never requires upkeep, 50% science).
>
>Wow, I'm a convert! Hari Fundie, Hari Fundie, Hari Hari, Hari Fundie...
>
>Are you sure there isn't a downside?

Yep: science gets cut. You can compensate it, however, with large
empires (i.e., lots of cities).

When you have a large tech advantage over the other players,
fundamentalism is great. When you don't have a tech advantage, or in the
early stages of the game, fundamentalism imposes a big burden (the tech
race is vital in the game, IMHO).