[Freeciv-Dev] Re: 100% Civ II Compliance - still a development goal?

To: "Raahul Kumar" <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>, "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Davide Pagnin" <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: 100% Civ II Compliance - still a development goal?
From: "Sam Barnett-Cormack" <sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 16:05:32 +0100

Surely if the goal is still (partly) 100% Civ2 Compliance, then the Civ 2
ruleset should have this behaviour by default? Otherwise it isn't a Civ2
mode, it's a "nearly Civ2, except the bits some people don't like" mode/

> > > - trade style based on supply/demand
> >
> > Can someone post the algorithm used?
>
> The Civ 2 trade supply system was awful. The Civ 3 style is far better.

Well, we can implement that for a Civ 3 mode. We have to look at two goals
here, both stated goals of the project. 1) Make freeciv an excellent game in
its own right, with its own features and 2) make freeciv *able* to act as
much like Civ II as possible.

> > > - Lack of some improvement (Solar plant)
> >
> > Why it this not available in civ2 ruleset? Patch for fixing this wanted.
>
> I don't know. What is the effect of Solar Plant? There is no slow global
> warming effect in Freeciv. I can implement Solar Plant, just without all
> of the effects.

Surely the effect could be added, by someone who knows the relevent bits of
the fc code?

--
Sam Barnett-Cormack
Software Developer