[Freeciv-Dev] Re: 100% Civ II Compliance - still a development goal?

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: 100% Civ II Compliance - still a development goal?
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 21:10:05 +0100

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 09:33:26PM +0200, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> On Sun, 12 May 2002, Davide Pagnin wrote:
> > - The Concept of waste (corruption applied on production)
> Raahul is working on this.

        There is also a patch in the archives somewhere (I came across it
once). It must be two years old or so by now though.

> > - Military kill/loss ratio display
> Is this possible with compound units? FreecivAC folks, please speak up.

        I'm assuming you mean some kind of display of the statistics on
how many enemy units you've destroyed, and how many of your own units have
been lost. FreecivAC doesn't do this, and doesn't really add any code that
would make this any easier to implement (but it sounds fairly straightforward
to me).

> > - Different behaviour of some wonders (Leonardo, United Nation, Great
> > Wall)
> Please write patch to fix these for civ2 ruleset, as this should be
> possible using impr. gen. (though you won't see the effects of it until
> the rest of impr. gen. is in cvs).

        I think the CivII ruleset already "should" work with impr-gen,
unless the current effects are wrong. How does the Great Wall and
Leonardo differ anyway?

> > - Different behaviour of some improvement (Nuclear Plant:No meltdown)
> I've never seen civ2 meltdown. What does it do?

        Loss of population, IIRC. Andi Payn's patch includes some code
to implement this.

> > - Lack of some improvement (Solar plant)
> Why it this not available in civ2 ruleset? Patch for fixing this wanted.

Should work with impr-gen, except for the slow-global-warming effect.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"I have nothing to do to-day. My practice is never very absorbing."