[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compaq Tru64 Unix Alpha platform - Building freeciv

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compaq Tru64 Unix Alpha platform - Building freeciv
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 08:12:31 -0300 (ADT)

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:

> See <http://www.opengroup.org/public/tech/aspen/lp64_wp.htm> for a
> discussion about this.
>
>       Raimar

Thank you very much, thats much better.

This has really helped me to see that my friend Reverend Perv was quite
likely correct back when the 286 came out that the best solution would be
to jump directly to 128 bits due to that being sufficient bits to
individually address each fundamental particle in the universe - according
to the estimates at that time as to how many protons might exist, how
many neutrons might exist, and how many electrons might exist. Possibly
nowadays the number of particles that might need addressing might be
higher. How many bits does a photon have, in order that of all the
electrons in the universe only the specific electron addressed by that
photon reacts to it to result in the appearance of a 'particle' nature to
what might actually be implemented as an omnidirectional wave?

Oh well, just another upgrade cycle, on with the show. Sorry to bother you
about it.  ;-)

Blessed Be. -MarkM-