[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compaq Tru64 Unix Alpha platform - Building freeciv

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compaq Tru64 Unix Alpha platform - Building freeciv
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:48:08 +0200 (MEST)

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > 6) The last problema I've found is a very unlike to happen one,
> > my problem is related to configure and readline library, the Tru64
> > Unix is somewhat non standard (or too standard! who knows?) and
> > when asked to build with the readline library, it doesn't work
> > unless you use the termcap or the curses library.
> > The configure of freeciv handle this problem quite correctly, but
> > there is still a problem, the configure script search in the
> > termlib, termcap, curses and ncurses (in this order!) for the
> > presence of the initscr function, but when compiling readline need
> > the tgetent family of function the the initscr so finding the
> > support for initscr doesn't imply that the library support the
> > tgetent family of function, this has an insidious side effect,
> > because ncurses library do have support to initscr but do not
> > have support for tgetent, and beeing the last tried, it is the
> > one choose by configure, that fails to build for this reason.
> >
> > I'm not a configure hacker, what I can say is that a solution can be
> > the change of the order, if this don't hurt for other reason,
> > a less stupid way of handling this can be to search for tgetent
> > family function instead of initscr (or for both). I'm open
> > to every suggestion on this point...
>
> I will leave this for Per.

Davide, can you please try to make a patch for configure that fixes this
for you? I know readline and friends so badly (ie not at all), that for me
to make a patch that fixes this for you is going to be very time consuming
for both of us (since I will have to learn the problem and you will have
to test it until it works for you).

Yours,
Per

"As Israeli forces pursued militants, civilians
continued getting in the way and dying as a
result." -- New York Times, April 21