[Freeciv-Dev] Re: game.timeout

To: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: game.timeout
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:48:15 -0600

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 04:01:48PM -0600, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 04:39:25PM -0400, Mark Metson wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> >
> > > does anybody have any idea why GAME_MAX_TIMEOUT
> > > is set at 8639999? Why not MAX_INT
> > >
> > > or make game.timeout an unsigned or an unsigned long?
> >
> > Did anyone find out why it doesnt work, too? I found when I set timeout to
> > 24 hours it would briefly display as such each turn but promptly get
> > overwritten as 5 hours 37 minutes.
>
> Attached is the fix. Somebody (Trent in '98) decided that 18 hours and 16
> bits was
> quite enough.

attached is the same fix, with capabilities. The only question I have
is, should the capability be mandatory or not?

It could be that the only thing bad that might happen is that the
client's timeout shows as wrong until the timer gets below 5hr 47min,
but you know, I didn't want to wait 13 hours to find out.

-mike