[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Another freeciv testing

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Another freeciv testing
From: Michael Suess <mai99dsr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 02:22:42 +0100

> > It applies cleanly, and compiles as well, however my loading problems remain
> as
> > told...
> >

> Hmmm, try this then.  It sticks timeouts onto all busy-wait loops, which
> I'm not really comfortable with, but should eliminate all freezish
> problems (that's what you had, right?  I'm starting to mix bugs together
> in my memory).

Yes, I am indeed witnessing freezish behaviour, your patch still did not fix it,
I am however now able to tell you the exact position of the freeze, its:

connectdlg.c 614: while((!read(stdout_pipe[0],&c,1) || c!='>') &&
!responce_timeout_occurred){

the read never seems to get the results you expect from it. If I comment out
this line I dont get to see the savegame, but instead the freeciv-starting-logo.
When I choose one of your additional buttons it tells me something about me not
having the rights to issue this command, so I guess the problem is at the
server-side somewhere.

Michael Suess