Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Tileset news

To: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Tileset news
From: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 22:55:19 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, [iso-8859-1] Daniel Sjölie wrote:

> On 2002-02-18 19:50:05, Daniel L Speyer wrote:
> > Some new stuff on tilesets:
> >
> > I have created the 'new' set Isoengels, which (you guessed it!) is an
> > isometric version of the Engels tileset.  It's available on ftp.freeciv,
> > exactly as you'd expect.
> >
> > The next version of Lexxy (version 8), is also available by ftp.  Mostly
> > tweaks, but the galleon and carier are new.  Enjoy!
> >
> > Since we now have so many tilesets, I've posted a comparison of them at
> > http://speyer1-b.student.umd.edu/chooseset  All screenshots are of the
> > same map, and as close to the same part of it as I could manage, though
> > they look surprisingly different.
> >
> > So check it all out (or as much as interests you), and enjoy!
>
> Nice to see something happening...
> I do have som comments though...
>
> The tileset I care about is isotrident so this is about that one...
> As it is, isotrident seems somewhat smaller than trident... I'd really
> like it a bit larger... I miss the clarity of the trident tileset in
> some places (such as the forests)... Also, why did you change the hills
> and mountains? The new ones really don't have the cartoonish, clear
> style of the original trident...

Your comments ave inspired me (watch out ;) ).

I have just posted a new tileset macroisotrident, which is a hires-sized
version of trident with trident-based mountains and hills.  It shows
things very clearly, though the relative sizes seem a bit strange at
first.  It's screenshotted alongside the others at
http://speyer1-b.student.umd.edu/chooseset and is available by ftp.

Enjoy!

--Daniel Speyer
If you *don't* consider sharing information to be morally equivalent to
kidnapping and murder on the high seas, you probably shouldn't use the
phrase "software piracy."