Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Tileset news

To: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Tileset news
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 02:07:28 +0100

On 2002-02-18 19:50:05, Daniel L Speyer wrote:
> Some new stuff on tilesets:
>
> I have created the 'new' set Isoengels, which (you guessed it!) is an
> isometric version of the Engels tileset.  It's available on ftp.freeciv,
> exactly as you'd expect.
>
> The next version of Lexxy (version 8), is also available by ftp.  Mostly
> tweaks, but the galleon and carier are new.  Enjoy!
>
> Since we now have so many tilesets, I've posted a comparison of them at
> http://speyer1-b.student.umd.edu/chooseset  All screenshots are of the
> same map, and as close to the same part of it as I could manage, though
> they look surprisingly different.
>
> So check it all out (or as much as interests you), and enjoy!

Nice to see something happening...
I do have som comments though...

The tileset I care about is isotrident so this is about that one...
As it is, isotrident seems somewhat smaller than trident... I'd really
like it a bit larger... I miss the clarity of the trident tileset in
some places (such as the forests)... Also, why did you change the hills
and mountains? The new ones really don't have the cartoonish, clear
style of the original trident...

Sorry about the complaints... I do appreciate your efforts... :)

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)