Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Add BOOL_VAL around ANDs

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Add BOOL_VAL around ANDs
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:03:40 +0100

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 12:34:38PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
>  --- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > The attached patch adds BOOL_VAL() around expressions of the form "x &
> > S_*". This is required since the result is used as a boolean but isn't
> > one.
>
> I am confused about use of special field in tile.
> It is declared as enum tile_special_type, but used as an int:
> =========================
> 1207 void map_set_special(int x, int y, enum tile_special_type spe)
> 1208 {
> 1209   MAP_TILE(x, y)->special |= spe;
> 1210
> 1211   if (spe & (S_ROAD | S_RAILROAD))
> 1212     reset_move_costs(x, y);
> 1213 }
> =========================

> Doesn't your Spliff complain about it?

It is called splint. It has a lot of different options you can
enable. If you enable all you get tons of errors. Some have been fixed
(sync parameter names,...) and a lot have to be fixed (or dismissed by
freeciv-dev like the == NULL change). I'm currently at the booleans.

> As for the patch, you might as well make a function

> bool contains_special(int tspecials, enum tile_special_type special)

This would be the one with the lowest level and will always possible.

> or even

> bool tile_has_special(struct *tile ptile, enum tile_special_type special)

Sometimes we have no ptile.

Note that I commited the patch already.

        Raimar

--