Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Add BOOL_VAL around ANDs

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Add BOOL_VAL around ANDs
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:00:01 +0100

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 01:26:25PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
>  --- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 01:37:10PM +0100, Petr Baudis wrote:
> [...]
> > > Hmm, I would like tile_has_special() much more that BOOL_VAL(..). It
> > fixes the
> > > boolean issue _and_ raises the level of encapsulation, which is good.
> >
> > I have no problem introducing contains_special. Petr, Gregory?
>
> What Gregory?

You?!

> You know my opinion: if you are doing BOOL_VAL, than do it properly in a
> function/macro.

See the attached patch. What about the name? I also tought about
ss_contains_special/set_contains_special for
special_set_contains_special.

> As for the patch which is already in, well, if you are looking for
> people's opinions maybe you should give us a reasonable time to react.

I'm looking for people's opinions. For direction of the patches in
general and errors.

Will 24 hours be enough?

> And if you are not, then you might as well put your patch straight in
> without bothering to mail it to the list.  Just like Vasc does it.  Which
> annoys me even more than your formal "submitting a patch".
>
> But then you are maintainers, you are gods, so what the hell.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters