[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Assertion failed: missing > 0, file plrhand.c, line 3

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Assertion failed: missing > 0, file plrhand.c, line 383
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:57:56 -0500

At 07:48 PM 02/01/16 +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
>On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 04:36:57PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
>>  --- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > And I fought it was a straightforward change.
>>
>> It can easily happen that missing get < 0.  Line 388:
>>   plr->research.bulbs_researched += (bulbs - missing);
>> There is no check if this addition pays for a new tech.  So next time we
>> go into update tech missing can become <0
>
>Yes but this means that this city produce more bulbs than what is
>required for a complete tech. I decided that this is unlikely. So I
>add the assert and not a while(have_enough_point_for_another_tech).

I've done it on occasion - it is nt that difficult. And it is certainly
possible to setup a valid scenario that can do it. Sometimes a rich caravan
will do wonders for your research speed, as well :-).

Also, have you considered the case where you get a bonus tech, or some
combination of getting a tech you are almost done researching and a
research bonus at the same time?

>       Raimar
>--
> email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  "brand memory are for windows users that think their stability
>   problems come from the memory"
>    -- bomek in #freeciv

Cheers,
RossW