[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Assertion failed: missing > 0, file plrhand.c, line 38

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Assertion failed: missing > 0, file plrhand.c, line 383
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:18:24 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 04:08:20PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> >
> > Maybe then split into two notifies:
> > Game: Learned %s
> > Game: Researching %s
>
> Just because we can't use the shiny new function get_tech_name in a
> non-ugly way: no.

You are looking at it from a wrong perspective.  Think this way:
"For a long time I wanted to split the research announcement into two
parts for they are two separate messages.  Now I get to do it.  As a
bonus, I can convert an ugly looking structure into a 3-line statement
making use of my shiny new function get_tech_name" :)

No, seriously, I don't see how one line notify is better than two line
notify.  It is actually worse because you get problems with wrapping etc.
 And the second one is so much more elegant in code.

I know you are not looking for easy ways around, but being flexible does
help sometimes.

G.