[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Assertion failed: missing > 0, file plrhand.c, line 38

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Assertion failed: missing > 0, file plrhand.c, line 383
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 19:48:45 +0100

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 04:36:57PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
>  --- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 02:56:02PM -0800, Paul Zastoupil wrote:
> > > Well I just keep running games cause I like to find bugs.
> > >
> > > Assertion failed: missing > 0, file plrhand.c, line 383
> >
> > And I fought it was a straightforward change.
>
> It can easily happen that missing get < 0.  Line 388:
>   plr->research.bulbs_researched += (bulbs - missing);
> There is no check if this addition pays for a new tech.  So next time we
> go into update tech missing can become <0

Yes but this means that this city produce more bulbs than what is
required for a complete tech. I decided that this is unlikely. So I
add the assert and not a while(have_enough_point_for_another_tech).

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  "brand memory are for windows users that think their stability