[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Managing Long-Term Changes

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Daniel_Sjölie" <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>, rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Managing Long-Term Changes
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:47:28 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Go ahead. Set one up at SF or somewhere else.
> >
> > Ok, I figured it would be good if it was at cvs.freeciv.org so it was
> > more official but I guess that's not necessary...
> >
> > I'll look into it...
>
> Paul or I can set up a new CVS repository on cvs.freeciv.org.  I'm not
> sure how to restrict CVS write access to a specific CVS branch with the
> ext/ssh access method.  Neither of us have the time to do it this week
> I think.

To reduce the possibility for chaos, maybe we should have few directional
branches instead of one "development" branch.

Like a branch for AI cleanup, for generalised improvements etc.
Of course it only makes sense if (a) there is more than one person
working on each direction and if (b) someone will take the responsibility
to merge these branches into the stable one once they are stable too.

There isn't much problem with (a), there are Petr and Raahul and Ross and
maybe me on AI front.  I would be interested in looking into updating AI
to use GI too.  But (b)...

G.