[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Managing Long-Term Changes

To: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Managing Long-Term Changes
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 21:15:41 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > use GI too.  But (b)...
> In fact (a) actually exists. It's on pasky.ji.cz, /home/cvs/aiciv,
> module freeciv-a2 ;). Cvsweb access at
> http://pasky.ji.cz/cvsweb.cgi/freeciv-a2/?cvsroot=aiciv.

I know.  So the problem here is (b).  When and under which circumstances
can we/you hope for merger of you and stable branches?  It's a question
to maintainers really, not to you...  And before I get a clear answer to
this question, I don't really want to invest any effort into it :(

> As I said before, I'm completely willing to give you (all three) write
> access to my CVS, just if you will commit frequently so splitting of
> patches will be easy ;).

I think it is best if there is one responsible maintainer (unless the
project is too big, then we would come back to the current situation).
Just explain me how to download/make patches against your tree.

Best,
G.