[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Is the city names patch good?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Is the city names patch good?
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 18:45:54 -0500

Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 06:11:19PM -0500, Mike Jing wrote:
> Well, some players deliberately hide their capital through obscure city
> naming, e.g. duplicate city names.  I very much prefer the way it is in
> Civ3, where it is impossible to hide your capital at all as it is clearly
> visible on the map.  Also, civil war should be dropped as losing your
> capital is enough of a blow in itself. Also, if you lose your captical to > an opponent, it should be automatcally relocated to one of your remaining
> cities (Isn't someone working on a patch to do just that?).

        Enough of a blow in what sense?

In the sense that as your first city, the capital is probably a well developed city (not that any city is that well developed in a typical smallpox game) and thus quite important even without the threat of civil war.

        You should protect it more properly.

True, but I just feel it is not necessary to attach that much weight to the capital as it was done in Civ2, and apparently this has been changed in Civ3.

Mike