[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Development Strategies

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Development Strategies
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 20:53:42 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> The one biggest problem with the current rulesets is, IMHO, that the
> number of improvements is still fixed, along with some improvement
> effects that are still hardwired (which is why the number is fixed).

        "Some" improvement effects? Almost all of them, in fact; only the
basic stuff like name and build cost is actually used from the rulesets.

> If we fix that before the next version

        This is 80% done in FreecivAC (http://freecivac.sf.net/). Why not
get the generalized improvements patch and test it... maybe even write
some code. This could be construed as counting towards "fixing that". ;)

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the