[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI questions

To: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI questions
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 23:18:00 -0800 (PST)

--- "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ruleset tech goals as well as those suggested by advisors are used to
> compute the weight of all those under them in the tree. The tech goal
> chosen is the one with the highest accumulated weight.

Ross, please mention filenames, function names and line numbers for tech goals.
Can you describe the weights used in a bit more detail? I know you changed the
weights in your corecleanup patches and that resulted in radical behaviour
change.

> But since the military advisor usually panics under danger threats and
> demands the best military possibility drowning out the rest, the game
> tends to follow a pretty standard track.

Yes, I noticed this. What happens if you fix priority so that military units
don't always have higher priority than anything else? My initial tries ended
up with the ai always building improvs and wonders, too much so. The current
ai also tends to flip flop. I've often noticed the ai changing wonder prod from
city to city.

> There are some hardwired choices in favour of government types like
> Republic that tend to make the ruleset stuff irrelevant as well.

Funny. I came across a function that evaluated government types. Clearly it
doesn't do what it says? It trys to pick goverments based on trade and shield
prod etc.