[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI questions

To: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI questions
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 00:26:43 -0600

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 09:36:16PM +0100, Petr Baudis wrote:
> - advisors - unimplemented mostly, will their tech. advise ever be
> implemented?
>              Is it needed? If so, should we implement it now? Doesn't seem to
> be
>            too difficult to me. Shouldn't them all advise both buildings and
>            technologies? (almost all, well :) It looks to me we should
> implement
>            them, to help AI start trading etc sooner and evolve more
> carefully.

        This would seem to imply that the AI has some idea of how to run a
civ. :)  The Civ2 advisors were always giving me annoying advice which I
clearly didn't want to take.

> - buildings - when city has nothing to build and settlers seem too dangerous,
>             shouldn't it try coinage?

        Probably now.  Most likely, that code was last modified before
production -> gold was enabled so early in the tech tree.

> - 13th city - in the README.AI, it's told it is unlucky. just a joke? ;-)

        No, it refers to the empire size happiness hit.  The numbers have
changed, and it probably is wrong now, but it's not just a joke.

> - spaceship - shouldn't we launch spaceship also if our capital is in danger
>             and we have reasonable reliability (>50%) or if someone already
>             launched it and we would get sooner there and have reasonable
>             reliability (>75%).. kinda:
>
> launched_spaceships*(our_traveltime*our_reliability/avg_traveltime*avg_reliability)

        You're not supposed to know the arrival times of foreign space
ships.  If the capital is in danger, launghing the spaceship would be a bad
thing, since it's lost if the capital is taken.  You'd want to build a
palace in a safer place, instead.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."