[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI questions

To: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI questions
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 14:01:02 +0100

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 09:36:16PM +0100, Petr Baudis wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I was browsing the AI code, and wondered about some things:
>
> - advisors - unimplemented mostly, will their tech. advise ever be
> implemented?
>              Is it needed? If so, should we implement it now?

This is ambiguous.  Do you mean estimations used by the AI?  What would
you like to improve about them?  Or do you mean reports of those
estimations for use by humans?  That would be nice, especially to newcomers.

> - buildings - when city has nothing to build and settlers seem too dangerous,
>             shouldn't it try coinage?

Might be.  Coinage is a recent change, I don't think it is very useful,
but if someone can report that it is, it would obviously be useful to the
AI as well.

> - 13th city - in the README.AI, it's told it is unlucky. just a joke? ;-)

Where did you find this?  Does it have anything to do with the default
cityfactor being 14?

--
Reinier