[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI questions

To: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI questions
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:04:18 +0100

> > - spaceship - shouldn't we launch spaceship also if our capital is in danger
> >           and we have reasonable reliability (>50%) or if someone already
> >           launched it and we would get sooner there and have reasonable
> >           reliability (>75%).. kinda:
> >
> > launched_spaceships*(our_traveltime*our_reliability/avg_traveltime*avg_reliability)
This formula is obviously very wrong, would be better:

launched_spaceships*(our_reliability*avg_reliability)/(our_traveltime*avg_traveltime)

Higher our reliability means we want more to launch our spaceship.

Higher their reliability means we want more to launch our spaceship, as we
don't want to waste it for cases when their ones haven't almost any chance to
get there.

Higher our traveltime means we want more to launch it later, as we need to
improve that.

Higher their traveltime means we want more to launch it later, as it will take
more time to them to get there.

More spaceships already launched means we should hurry up with launching our
one too.

>       You're not supposed to know the arrival times of foreign space
> ships.
Nope?
  notify_player_ex(0, -1, -1, E_SPACESHIP,
                _("Game: The %s have launched a spaceship!  "
                  "It is estimated to arrive on Alpha Centauri in %s."),
                get_nation_name_plural(pplayer->nation),
                textyear(arrival));
..?

>         If the capital is in danger, launghing the spaceship would be a bad
> thing, since it's lost if the capital is taken.
Aha, I thought this is only the case for yet unlaunched spaceship.

>                                                  You'd want to build a
> palace in a safer place, instead.
That's way nice idea!

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC
Real Users hate Real Programmers.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/