[Freeciv-Dev] PATCH: AI cleanup Version 2

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] PATCH: AI cleanup Version 2
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:57:54 -0800 (PST)

Added the patch that Raimar sent. I'm almost ready to finish the changes to
the ai. Version 3 will wrap up all changes. This patch applies cleanly
against Nov 20 CVS, the autogames are not changed.

GB: I'm sending you a list of places where the ai has igter code.

Code that affects igter units

aiunit.c:func ai_military_gothere:835
advmilitary.c:func process_attacker_want:line 580
if (unit_flag(punit, F_IGTER)) d_val /= 1.5;

aiunit.c:func find_something_to_kill:1230
                                     1255
                                     1432
advmilitary.c:func kill_something_with:line 707
if (unit_type_flag(v, F_IGTER)) m *= 3;

line 782

if (unit_flag(pdef, F_IGTER)) dist *= 3;
      }
      if (!dist) dist = 1;

      m = unit_types[v].move_rate;
      if (unit_type_flag(v, F_IGTER)) m *= 3;

Send me any lines I may have missed in the AI referring to the igter units.
Once we have documented all the lines we can change it.

- Document/cleanup AI code. Rename variables to more saying names than these:
  int a, c, d, e, i, a0, b0, f, g, fprime;
  int j, k, l, m, q;

Somewhat fixed in this patch. Ver 3 will fix all the ones I am sure of.

- Unkluge the worst AI kludges. The ones I know of are:
  - on the goto map the move cost of units with F_IGTER is multiplied with 3

I need your help with this Gregory. You need to make the warmap changes.

- the goto map of ships overlap one field onto land

This cannot be fixed. Remove this item from the Todo, the current freeciv
code would need a massive rewrite to do this.

- Replace the use of the value 255 in relation to the warmap with the
  MAXCOST constant.

- Make the server warmap use short instead of char, and raise MAXCOST from
  255 to the maxvalue of a signed short.

Coming in my next patch.

Raimar, can you appply the warmap patch that GB sent in? It makes changing the
AI and fixing the awful kludges much easier.