[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 21:45:28 +0200

Den 2001-10-26 11:38:44 freeciv, %Y skrev Jason Dorje Short följande:

> "Pieter J. Kersten" wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Mike Kaufman wrote:
>
> <snip: small font in the city dialog>
>
> > I don't have the time to check this as I should, but recalling from
> > memory, it had the same problem. I never mentioned it because you people
> > were busy constructing a different dialog. And when looking long and often
> > enough, one gets quite an educated guess of what should be there ;-)
> > However, if changeable, please do. If I'm doing something wrong locally,
> > please say so too, I don't get burned easily :-)
> >
> > I can't follow up on this dialog for the next 3 days, so if I'm not
> > answering any more, you know why...
>
> CVS freeciv has always had a small font for the city dialog.  It's more
> noticable now because it's used in more places, but I don't think that
> it's actually smaller (I could be wrong).

It's not smaller...

> Interestingly, the version of freeciv distributed with Red Hat 7.1 does
> not have this problem.  Presumably they have either patched freeciv or
> changed a setting somewhere (although running the CVS version when
> you've got the distribution version installed also has the small font).

Would it be possible for you to supply screenshots of what it looks like
for you now and what it looks like in the red hat version?

I _really_ want the font that is there in my version - I think it's
the perfect size... :) So, I'm kinda wondering if you see something
different or if you just don't like that font... For me the city info
text is about the same size as the text in all my terminals...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)