[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:28:44 +0000 (WET)

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Jason Dorje Short wrote:

> Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> >
> > Den 2001-10-26 11:38:44 freeciv, %Y skrev Jason Dorje Short följande:
>
> > > Interestingly, the version of freeciv distributed with Red Hat 7.1 does
> > > not have this problem.  Presumably they have either patched freeciv or
> > > changed a setting somewhere (although running the CVS version when
> > > you've got the distribution version installed also has the small font).
> >
> > Would it be possible for you to supply screenshots of what it looks like
> > for you now and what it looks like in the red hat version?
> >
> > I _really_ want the font that is there in my version - I think it's
> > the perfect size... :) So, I'm kinda wondering if you see something
> > different or if you just don't like that font... For me the city info
> > text is about the same size as the text in all my terminals...
>
> I've placed a screenshot of current CVS city dialog into
> ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/.  I'll place a screenshot of the
> RedHat version there shortly.
>
> The font used is smaller than my terminal font.  Perhaps this is because
> I use a high resolution (100dpi) and use 100dpi fonts with it (and then
> sometimes set my default fontsize higher for some applications).

It seems everyone is wondering why on earth did i use a different font in
that label. The reason is very simple: i needed to use a monospace font
instead of a proportional font (default). Otherwise the
indentation would be wrong. I also had to use monospace fonts in the help,
spaceship and server options dialogs.

---