[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog
From: Jason Dorje Short <vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:16:08 -0400

Daniel Sjölie wrote:

> Den 2001-10-26 11:38:44 freeciv, %Y skrev Jason Dorje Short följande:

> > Interestingly, the version of freeciv distributed with Red Hat 7.1 does
> > not have this problem.  Presumably they have either patched freeciv or
> > changed a setting somewhere (although running the CVS version when
> > you've got the distribution version installed also has the small font).
>
> Would it be possible for you to supply screenshots of what it looks like
> for you now and what it looks like in the red hat version?
>
> I _really_ want the font that is there in my version - I think it's
> the perfect size... :) So, I'm kinda wondering if you see something
> different or if you just don't like that font... For me the city info
> text is about the same size as the text in all my terminals...

I've placed a screenshot of current CVS city dialog into
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/.  I'll place a screenshot of the
RedHat version there shortly.

The font used is smaller than my terminal font.  Perhaps this is because
I use a high resolution (100dpi) and use 100dpi fonts with it (and then
sometimes set my default fontsize higher for some applications).

jason