[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 00:49:51 +0200

Den 2001-10-26 16:16:08 freeciv, %Y skrev Jason Dorje Short följande:

> Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> >
> > Den 2001-10-26 11:38:44 freeciv, %Y skrev Jason Dorje Short följande:
>
> > > Interestingly, the version of freeciv distributed with Red Hat 7.1 does
> > > not have this problem.  Presumably they have either patched freeciv or
> > > changed a setting somewhere (although running the CVS version when
> > > you've got the distribution version installed also has the small font).
> >
> > Would it be possible for you to supply screenshots of what it looks like
> > for you now and what it looks like in the red hat version?
> >
> > I _really_ want the font that is there in my version - I think it's
> > the perfect size... :) So, I'm kinda wondering if you see something
> > different or if you just don't like that font... For me the city info
> > text is about the same size as the text in all my terminals...
>
> I've placed a screenshot of current CVS city dialog into
> ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/.  I'll place a screenshot of the
> RedHat version there shortly.

Yuck! I certainly understand why you don't like that font!
Compare to this one:
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/city-dialog2.png
that's what the same font looks like for me...

> The font used is smaller than my terminal font.  Perhaps this is because
> I use a high resolution (100dpi) and use 100dpi fonts with it (and then
> sometimes set my default fontsize higher for some applications).

Hmm... I'm not sure how it is right now, is it the first or the last
font path listed that gets used? I have 100dpi first...

Ok... I don't know why it doesn't work to change
.../share/freeciv/freeciv.rc but it did work to put a new definition in
~/freeciv.rc

Try putting
style "city_label"
{
    font = "-b&h-lucidatypewriter-bold-r-normal-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"
}

in that file and see what happens...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)