[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog

To: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog
From: "Pieter J. Kersten" <kersten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 17:08:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Mike Kaufman wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 11:59:18AM +0200, Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> > On 2001-10-26 11:44:23, Pieter J. Kersten wrote:
> > > LS,
> > >
> > > It seems there are some translation problems in the new city dialog.
> > > Al the tabs remain untranslated.
> > > The string 'Currently building:' remains untranslated.
> > > The happiness page remains untranslated.
> >
> > I'll fix this tonight... (if noone else beats me to it :)
> > Should be easy enough when I know what to fix...
> >
> > > I'll commit the new dutch translation to CVS, but although the messages
> > > are there, they do partly not show up.
> > >
> > > Also the font used for the city info section on the overview page and on
> > > the trade routes page are so small that they are practically unusable.
> > > Is this a GTK thing or a FreeCiv thing? Please advise.
> >
> > Well, perhaps a combination?
> > You can change the font in ...share/freeciv/freeciv.rc
> >
> > style "city_label"
> > {
> >       font = "-b&h-lucidatypewriter-bold-r-normal-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"
> > }
> >
> > But this looks good as it is to me, so perhaps you have a different
> > setting elsewhere? Do you have small fonts generally?
> >
> > A bigger font would not work for me in the city info section but trade
> > routes doesn't need to use this font...
>
> I have no problem with getting rid of that gtk_widget_set_name thing
> that seems to change the font for the trade routes.
>
> My question for Pieter on the city info is: what did it look like on the
> old dialog? (check 1.12.0) the fonts where fine there? I believe that we
> used the same mechanism, but I could be wrong...

I don't have the time to check this as I should, but recalling from
memory, it had the same problem. I never mentioned it because you people
were busy constructing a different dialog. And when looking long and often
enough, one gets quite an educated guess of what should be there ;-)
However, if changeable, please do. If I'm doing something wrong locally,
please say so too, I don't get burned easily :-)

I can't follow up on this dialog for the next 3 days, so if I'm not
answering any more, you know why...

TIA,
--
Pieter J. Kersten