[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog

To: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Pieter J. Kersten" <kersten@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:23:32 -0500

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 11:59:18AM +0200, Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> On 2001-10-26 11:44:23, Pieter J. Kersten wrote:
> > LS,
> >
> > It seems there are some translation problems in the new city dialog.
> > Al the tabs remain untranslated.
> > The string 'Currently building:' remains untranslated.
> > The happiness page remains untranslated.
>
> I'll fix this tonight... (if noone else beats me to it :)
> Should be easy enough when I know what to fix...
>
> > I'll commit the new dutch translation to CVS, but although the messages
> > are there, they do partly not show up.
> >
> > Also the font used for the city info section on the overview page and on
> > the trade routes page are so small that they are practically unusable.
> > Is this a GTK thing or a FreeCiv thing? Please advise.
>
> Well, perhaps a combination?
> You can change the font in ...share/freeciv/freeciv.rc
>
> style "city_label"
> {
>       font = "-b&h-lucidatypewriter-bold-r-normal-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"
> }
>
> But this looks good as it is to me, so perhaps you have a different
> setting elsewhere? Do you have small fonts generally?
>
> A bigger font would not work for me in the city info section but trade
> routes doesn't need to use this font...

I have no problem with getting rid of that gtk_widget_set_name thing
that seems to change the font for the trade routes.

My question for Pieter on the city info is: what did it look like on the
old dialog? (check 1.12.0) the fonts where fine there? I believe that we
used the same mechanism, but I could be wrong...

-mike