[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [CMA 2.3] General question

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [CMA 2.3] General question
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 04:08:07 -0700 (PDT)

Does my suggested change to MAX_CITY_SIZE fix the bug with the CMA not handling
cities above size 30? IMO the CMA is starting to look good. Should probably
consider including it in CVS if another maintainer agrees.

Ontopic: Where are all the Freeciv maintainers? I've noticed by reading the
changelog that you are the only one who seems to be applying patches. Everyone
else seems to be MIA. Are you the only maintainer left now?

I've been considering aircraft goto:

1) Am not going to use Djikstra, after all a fixed search space with fixed
movement cost. Considering A*.

2) Cannot figure out how to unify tri-reme and aircraft,missile code like
you suggested earlier. Hints?

3) The -3 movement cost has always bothered me. I don't think it's necessary.
The railroad move cost of 0 also bothers me(maybe a railroad unit can only
move 10 squares init, with maglev can move 15). Remove it, and we can go from
Djikstra to a cheaper and faster algorithm for warmap generation.