[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Question on Border-Patch

To: Greg Wooledge <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Question on Border-Patch
From: Stewart Adcock <stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 13:57:42 +0100

Hi,

> This is true, but incomplete.  Coastal bases in SMAX (the Alien Crossfire
> expansion) *do* claim sea tiles at distance=1 as their territory.  (In
> the original SMAC, your statement is correct.)
>
> (Sea bases claim ocean territory in a 3-tile radius.  A sea base that's
> near an unclaimed island can use the tiles on the island.  In fact, two
> enemy sea bases that are both near the same unclaimed island can each use
> tiles from the island -- but they can't both use the same tile on the same
> turn, obviously.)
In that case, the code now follows the SMAX scheme.  I'll make a few
more additions before I send another patch though.  I think I'll make
some ruleset options to enable selection between these, and possibly
other, behaviours.

What do people think about the territory measurement code in the civ
score routines?  Should I replace that with this new border set up?  Or
leave it as it is?

Stewart.
Stewart Adcock     saa@xxxxxxxxxxx     www.stewart-adcock.co.uk
11 Centurion Close, Reading, Berkshire. UK.     (0118) 959 4366