[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Question on Border-Patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Question on Border-Patch
From: Neil Stevens <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 05:24:13 -0700

On Friday October 05, 2001 05:27, Stewart Adcock wrote:
> Maybe someone that has access to SMAC, or something, could tell me: how
> far from cities is territory claimed for land/ocean bases?  I guessed 7
> tiles for both.

As I remember from playing, it's not that simple.  If you're the only base
on a continent, or for an ocean, you'll claim a fairly broad area.  The
more bases in the area, the less space one base will lay claim to.

Each square probably gets a counter for every faction, with the counter
being increased by bases nearby, with the increase being higher as the
distance to the base decreases.  If the counter for one faction is a
certain threshold over the other factions, it gets the square.

But I haven't played SMAC in some time.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx