[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Question on Border-Patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Question on Border-Patch
From: Stewart Adcock <stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 13:27:39 +0100

Hi,

Jason Dorje Short wrote:
> > > This is an intentional "feature", although I'm not sure whether it is
> > > the correct thing to do, or not.  In vanilla freeciv+patch you are
> > > unable to put workers on those non-coastal ocean tiles.  In SMAC, and
> > > hence freecivAC, you can have water bases (i.e. cities in the oceans) so
> > > those tiles could be in your territory and therefore useable.
>
> In SMAC, land cities registered no "territory" in the sea (and vice
> versa), but this didn't stop them from harvesting the land (and sea
> cities could harvest land squares the same way).  The solution is
> simple: allow harvesting of land that is either yours or unclaimed.
> Only for enemy territory can you not harvest.
This sounds like the best solution.  I'll implement it as such.  This
will even simplify the code.

Maybe someone that has access to SMAC, or something, could tell me: how
far from cities is territory claimed for land/ocean bases?  I guessed 7
tiles for both.

Stewart.

Stewart Adcock     saa@xxxxxxxxxxx     www.stewart-adcock.co.uk
11 Centurion Close, Reading, Berkshire. UK.     (0118) 959 4366