[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Question on Border-Patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Question on Border-Patch
From: Stewart Adcock <stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 02:22:29 +0100

Stewart Adcock wrote:
Hi,

Bert Buchholz wrote:
> As you state in your description, workers can only be set on owned tiles
> (inside the borders). If you build a city at the ocean, like this:
>
>       O O o
>     L L O O o
>     L L C O O
>     L L L L O
>       L L o

Or even:

      o o o
    L L O O o
    L L C O o
    L L L L o
      L L o

> the fields marked with 'o' are inside the city-radius but not inside
> your borders. Only the ocean-tiles adjacent to the city are inside the
> borders, the rest is so that you can't put workers on them. Maybe I
> overlooked something in your description, but what way can one get
> workers on these tiles? Is this a feature or a bug? ;-)

This is an intentional "feature", although I'm not sure whether it is
the correct thing to do, or not.  In vanilla freeciv+patch you are
unable to put workers on those non-coastal ocean tiles.  In SMAC, and
hence freecivAC, you can have water bases (i.e. cities in the oceans) so
those tiles could be in your territory and therefore useable.

Stewart.

Stewart Adcock      saa@xxxxxxxxxxx      www.stewart-adcock.co.uk
Physical & Theoretical Chemistry, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QZ
Home: (0118) 959 4366  Lab: (01865) 275 933  Fax: (01865) 275 905