[Freeciv-Dev] Re: find_the_shortest_path()

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: find_the_shortest_path()
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 19:54:57 -0400

Removing dir_ok doesn't sound like a high priortiy task. If it is
trivial then do it in passing some time.

There may not be much point in fixing straightest direction with
scalar product. The time here would be better spent understanding
the correct patch and/or applying the patch you already have.

MAPSTEP itself is trivial to add as a macro. The time here is
locating the places in the code where it can be used. This is
better done after the cleanups have standardized the code and
all flavours of map_adjust are converted to normalize_map_pos.
And there is no real value here except as part of the cleanup.

You can pick these up the next time I drop the target version of
all this into incoming, and apply whatever parts you want to pick
and choose from to CVS. I warn you the diff is nearing 500Kb by
now. And there are still a lot of bugfixes you didn't take in the
earlier version not to mention cleanups.

So most of these patch tasks go away, if you want to spend time
on more worthwhile stuff.

Cheers,
RossW
=====