[Freeciv-Dev] Re: find_the_shortest_path()

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: find_the_shortest_path()
From: Greg Wooledge <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:48:43 -0400

Paul Zastoupil (paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> I know this has come up before, but CTP has a system for this.
>
> I don't remember the exact numbers (I know someone out there does)
> but railroads cost something like 1/10 of a movement point.  Roads are
> something like 1/3 (hey we have this already) and then they have an
> improvement that comes later in the game that allows you to build
> magnalevs (or something like that) that gives you (almost?) infinite
> movement.

River = 1/2
Road = 1/3
Railroad = 1/5
Maglev or undersea tunnel = 1/10
Space = 1/10

Movement cost only depends on the infrastructure in the destination
square -- movement from an ordinary square onto a tile with a road costs
1/3 movement point (not 1, as in Civ1/Civ2/SMAC).

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |