[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Notes and serial numbers

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Notes and serial numbers
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 09:51:02 +0200

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 04:23:56PM -0700, Trent Piepho wrote:

> That's pretty hard to do since no one has seen these client side AI and agents
> yet.

[etc.]

Your comments are ridiculous.

1) Raimar has seen these client side AI agents: he implemented one and
   posted it to this list.

2) You made your statement "the goal is to prevent players on modems
   from playing" without even attempting to measure anything.  Raimars
   response is to report a 6.1% traffic increase.  Your response is
   basically "I don't care what you measure, I'm not interested in
   doing it myself, I just want to whine and whine."

I'm not too happy with Raimars approach to agents either  - for different
reasons -  but as you said in another thread, the programmers decide.
Raimar has some useful, working code here.

If you can't be reasonable and constructive, please go away.

--
Reinier