[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog - worklist

To: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog - worklist
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:15:52 +0200

Am Freitag, 31. August 2001 17:53 schrieb Mike Kaufman:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Christian Knoke wrote:
> >
> > Units page:
> >
> > The Sentry/Fortify button (still) doesn't work. It sentries
> > the units when you click on it, but should fortify them on a
> > second click. Or is this too hard to do?
>
> the sentry/fortify button is my fault. It works just fine. It just is
> not doing what you expect because it's probably named wrong. It
> should just be "Sentry units", or "Sentry idle units". It was
> designed to do this: I got tired of having my units waiting for
> transport and having an enemy ship pass by and unsentry them. The
> button should sentry all idle units. It should _not_ sentry units who
> are fortified. That was the original intent.

Sounds reasonable. Just make it work like that and rename the
button.

> your idea of a second click to fortify is a good one, but how do want
> the behavior to work exactly?

Hhm. Thinking about it: every idle unit gets sentried, every sentried
unit gets fortified (if possible). No "second" click, t'was a bad idea.

> -mike

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *