[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog - worklist

To: Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog - worklist
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:45:19 +0200

Am Freitag, 31. August 2001 07:31 schrieb Daniel Sjölie:
> Ok, I'm going to sleep now... :)
> Seems the worklist is a mess now but I figured I'd post my progress
> anyway...
>
> Screenshot:
> http://www.acc.umu.se/~deepone/freeciv/worklist.jpg
> (it says "Enable tooltips" beneath the tooltips :)
>
> Patch:
> http://www.acc.umu.se/~deepone/freeciv/new_city_dialog+worklist.diff.
>gz (worklists seems to be out of order here)
>
> What do You think about the approach?

More feedback:

Overview:

It shows a line "Granary: 8/70 (63)", which is computed wrong
in this case, should be (62).

Accelerators are needed at least for buy and change.

Units page:

The space between the units varies. In the second row
of supported units it is bigger. Same with Present Units frame.

The Sentry/Fortify button (still) doesn't work. It sentries
the units when you click on it, but should fortify them on a
second click. Or is this too hard to do?

Worklist:

I like the different sized lists and the information present.
I like the mouse interface and the tooltips.

I don't like the need to use both mouse and keyboard, for reordering
the items.

Also, the buttons sometimes not work, when the item is hilited
but not selected - the user can hardly see the difference.

AFAICS there would be enough space now to reinsert the buttons
between the lists; then the user has the choice, what to use.

Idea:
Just put "up" and "down" buttons at the place where
"Enable tooltips" is. Move the tooltips selector to the right.
No other buttons would be needed.

Or move "Enable tooltips" on the last page, enabled by default.
Are these options stored in .civclientrc ?

Have a look at the positions of tooltips.

In the "Available items" list, the turns column still takes
the production stock into account. Because this numbers are
not valid for worklist items, I think the should be computed
without prod. stock.

Hope this helps you,

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *