[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog (4)

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog (4)
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 23:58:31 +0200

Den 2001-08-30 17:12:18 freeciv, %Y skrev Jason Dorje Short följande:

> Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> >
> > There...
> > I think I have addressed all points about the City Overview now...
> > Haven't done anything with the worklist yet...
> > Not sure about the frame border width though, can't find anything in the
> > code to set such a thing... Did You really try the dialog Yourself? My
> > toolkit might be the reason the frames doesn't look that much if You
> > just looked at the screenshot...
> >
> > Screenshot:
> > http://www.acc.umu.se/~deepone/freeciv/citydialog4.jpg
> > Patch:
> > http://www.acc.umu.se/~deepone/freeciv/new_city_dialog4.diff.gz
> >
> > I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to keep working on this so I
> > would appreciate it if we could concentrate on getting it into cvs - and
> > work on more extravagant features later... So, tell me what needs to be
> > taken care of before it'll go into cvs...
>
> I don't think the names of the next/previous cities are crucial,
> although they would certainly be very convenient.

I don't really see the point - You just have to take one extra step to
see what that city is... That's Page Up one time...
And if You have lots of cities this is no way to find a specific city
anyway... I won't do this now...

> The failure of the city report (F1) to update is a severe problem.

Got it! (Been hunting that bug for several hours...)

Patch:
http://www.acc.umu.se/~deepone/freeciv/new_city_dialog5.diff.gz

> Aside from that, I think the new dialog is great.

Good... :)

> (I also think the nation flags are quite neat.  Good work.)

Umm... Do You mean the shield flags behind the units??
Those are from trident_shieds which have been in cvs for a long time...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)