[Freeciv-Dev] Re: new player dialog

To: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: new player dialog
From: Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:20:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Christian Knoke wrote:

> /Please/ make sure that these dialogs don't increase *800* pixel
> in width. The city dialog has to be fixed in that matter, too.

> Why? Freeciv is a game with really moderate hardware requirements,
> at least under Linux. While these mhz and ghz numbers increase all
> the time, there is still a great number of smaller machines in the
> real civilizations ... It's a plus for freeciv to run on these.

I totaly agree but his is unneccesary to mention. Any programer should
know this. However, this change were in first place made for our lan
games. And we all use the english version since we are used to it
from there times were the was no international version of freeciv
at all.

Anyhow - I will have a look at the problem now.

Ingo

--

Karl-Ingo Friese
kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx