[Freeciv-Dev] Re: new player dialog

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: new player dialog
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:01:58 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 23. August 2001 10:40 schrieb Raimar Falke:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 09:19:30PM +0200, Karl-Ingo Friese wrote:
> > Attached is the new plrdrlg.c from client/gui-gtk.
> >

> Another point: the dialog is more than 1024 pixel wide. And I can't
> decrease the width.

/Please/ make sure that these dialogs don't increase *800* pixel
in width. The city dialog has to be fixed in that matter, too.

Why? Freeciv is a game with really moderate hardware requirements,
at least under Linux. While these mhz and ghz numbers increase all
the time, there is still a great number of smaller machines in the
real civilizations ... It's a plus for freeciv to run on these.

I play usually on 1024*768, but use sometimes 800*600 on a P 90
machine for lan games. Even on the 1024 resolution, I don't want
the dialogs cover my whole screen.

When I look at these big dialogs, I can see good possibilities for
optimization. If you develop on these, please check also some
localizations, e.g. the german one, and you will see arise
problems, which can be avoided.

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *