[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Submit patch again?

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Submit patch again?
From: Kevin Brown <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:38:40 -0700

Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The "submit a new bug" page is only two click from the main
> website. Maybe it should be expanded (renamed) to a general feedback
> channel. Also it looks like forums
> (http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?&forumid=111) are more
> "modern" today.

Anything that we expect people to use a lot should be made a link on
the front page.  There's little point in making people do more work
than necessary.  :-)

Would Apolyton have any objections to us putting up a link on our web
page to their Freeciv forum?  Only thing is, it's not necessarily
archived, and certainly isn't anything under our control, so if they
go away then so does the forum and its archives.  :-(  Given that, it
might be better to set up our own forum on our website.  There's lots
of good, free software out there to do that (slashcode, kuro5hin code,
etc.).

--
Kevin Brown                                           kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    It's really hard to define what "unexpected behavior" means when you're
                       talking about Windows.