[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Submit patch again?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Submit patch again?
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:44:02 +0100 (WET DST)

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Karl-Ingo Friese wrote:

> > Don't despair. You can always succeed if you try hard enough.
>
> Thats exactly the point, Vasco. I am simply not the guy who puts
> more time into political trickery to speak with the "right persons"
> and push them into making your changes official again and again

Neither did i. You don't need to do that! If you put enough effort into it
your work speaks for itself. We never engaged in that kind of tactics.

The only thing i did was that i made several versions. Each more complete
and debugged than the previous one, announcing it in the mailing-list,
and discussing it, up to the point it got accepted. If you
notice most patches that get accepted are processed in this way. Unless
its a one liner bugfix or something like that.
I had the advantage the code i did didn't touch much on everything else.
That made accepting that change easier.

> then I spent writing them. I understand that limited manpower and
> time is a problem - but thats counts for the other side as well.

---