[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Submit patch again?

To: "Miguel Farah F." <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>, Bert Buchholz <bertbuchholz@xxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Submit patch again?
From: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 09:46:18 -0700

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 01:35:05PM -0400, Miguel Farah F. wrote:
>  Thue [14/08/2001 16:41] dijo/said:
> >[...]
> >I would like watchtowers to work by always giving vision around them,
> >regardless if there is a unit on them.
>
> I concur.
>
> This, however, poses an interesting question: how is the behavior of
> the watchtower modified if a non-friendly unit steps on it? I think if
> that were the case, the watchtower should have no vision at all, until
> the unit leaves. And, of course, the unit could pillage it.
>
> Come to think of it, the unit could also 'conquer' the tower, making
> it one of its nation.

I think the tower should belong to the last person to 'enter' it (with
an offensive unit).

Since each Freeciv unit is really more than one person, they could kill
the one guy in the watchtower and leave one behind.

Special case for alliances of course... and diplomats/spies who can
bribe them.

--
Paul Zastoupil