[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Submit patch again?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Submit patch again?
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 00:46:45 +0200

On Wednesday 15 August 2001 00:19, Bert Buchholz wrote:
> I think we will leave it with this, it would just have been nice to
> know what exact bugs there were (some surely unsufficient :) testing
> here didn't show up any), but this is nothing I can ask for, this
> would probably a waste of your time.
>
> But when you say "too big a mouthfull for a first patch", maybe you
> could give me a few pointers how to start with becoming involved into
> a project? Everyone started somewhen... :-)
>
> Bert

-You need to be more carefull about the FoW stuff and units. Make sure
you count FoW for all units entering a tile with a watchtower, also
units on a transporter. (Same for exiting). You need to add sight
points for units created on the tile and for units destroyed on the
tile.

-You don't take into account that a watchtower can be removed by other
events than units pillaging. This is made ugly by the fact that I am
not sure that all instances of removing a special from a tile involve
the map_clear_special(). (ie: go look through loads of source)

If one wanted to implement the watchtower without units on it there
might be some added trickery needed. Specifically we need a way to
attach an owner to a tile special.

-Thue