Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Patches (PR#685)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Patches (PR#685)
From: Joona Kiiski <zamar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 05:31:20 -0800 (PST)

Is anyone interested in testing/reading patches?

I've already sent several patches in freeciv-dev, but
they haven't been committed (maybe because anyone hasn't even
read them?!)

Most of them are only small, but IMO important fixes.

So, am I only wasting my time when sending these patches?

They are now all up to date. I've tested them myself, but
of course more tests are needed.

Here is a short description for each.

fix_client_update_bug.diff:
Nowadays your homecity is not updated when your unit leaves
allied city, although this under democracy causes unhappiness.
This small patch should fix the problem.

fix_government_message.diff
Nowadays the "new government" -message is shown only if you
are the first one who founds the necessary technology.
It shouldn't be like this. This message was added only few
weeks ago...so there is a bug. This patch should fix it.

fix_upgrade_stuff.diff
There is a way to cheat. If your unit is in allied city, it is
possible to upgrade it by upgrading a specific unit type,
although your ally doesn't even have the necessary technology.
This small patch should fix it.

random_leonardo.diff
Nowadays leonardo's workshop is upgrading your oldest units first.
So, if you have good memory you can move your oldest units near
enemy just before finding new unit type and launch an attack.
This patch makes Leonardo's Workshop use random when upgrading units.

production_update1.diff
This is large patch and perhaps needs more testing before committing.
I made this because there are many, too many, bugs nowadays.
To name a few:

a) disband unit->move production class-> move it back and you have
lost shields you just got.

b) You are building wonder->Add 10 caravans->
change class and change it back. You have lost 500 shields!

c) after enemy spy has destroyed your current production, don't worry,
just change production class two times and you get those shields back!

d)a hint for ICS player: about 20 turns before finding steam engine
start building masses of caravans. After finding it, do the following:
when you have finished production in coastal city. Move production class to
wonder. Add 50 shields by using caravan. Move production back to ironclad.
(NOTE: No penalty! You can use caravans to build ironclads)
Next turn when your ironclad is finished, do the same trick again!

e) I'm sure there are many more!

I really hope that some of you could test/read these patches,
and if they work out properly, put them in CVS.

--
Zamar